What is Rainbow Bridge.....

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...


"Heaven is the place of final and complete happiness, God has prepared for us - and if animals are necessary to make us happy in heaven, then you can be sure God will have them there."--Rev. Billy Graham

When God had made the earth and sky,
The flowers and the trees.
He then made all the animals,
The fish, the birds and the bees.
And when at last He'd finished,
Not one was quite the same.
He said, "I'll walk this world of mine, And give each one a name."
And so he traveled far and wide
And everywhere He went,
A little creature followed him Until it's strength was spent.
When all were named upon the earth And in the sky and sea,
The little creature said, "Dear Lord,There's not one left for me.
"Kindly the Father said to him, "I've left you to the end. I've turned my own name back to front
And called you "dog", my friend."

(Dog is God spelled backwards)

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Ruby

She was the little girl of Dutchess and Clancy and was born during the summer.  She was only 4 months old when she passed away.   I know she went to a very loving home because I had met with, and talked to her parents many times before they took her home.  I remember everyone was excited and when they pulled away, Ruby was looking out the window at us wagging her tail.  I also remember how excited she was to go to her new house, little did I know that would be the last time I would see her.

I received a call the day before Thanksgiving about her, and how sick she was and everyone was crying.  I said a prayer for her, hoping she would be spared but it was not to be.  She passed away on Thanksgiving Day.   I think what bothers me the most, is she probably died alone in a sterile cage, because she was contagious. I would have loved to have been with her rubbing her little face and being with her as she passed, just to let her know she was loved and not alone. It does break my heart.

Ruby's death has hit me pretty hard. She was the first Border Collie we have lost other than Midnight who was only two days old.  She was a wonderful little girl who had a lots of jumping and running yet to do.  I will miss you and I'm sure that your owners will too, but remember to wait for us at the Bridge.

I really do love them all so much and will always feel they will be part of us.  When we do have one of our pups or grown dog come back to visit or board, they always go to the shed, which was their first home, just like they always did. I have always hoped that when my time comes, God in his wisdom, knowing my heart would allow me to sit in a big field on a beautiful day just outside heaven and all my dogs and all the pups that we have had would run to me from all directions,   jumping on me and licking my face and we would roll on the ground and play and then we would all go in together.  This would be my heaven.

Run Free Ruby, Run Free